Free PDF Editor
The simple PDF editor from FormSwift
- Edit any PDF, Word Doc or Image.
- E-sign with ease.
- Download and print.
- Share in seconds.
No software required. Simply upload and go!
From Paper to PDF in Seconds
Use your mobile device to convert paper documents to PDFs instantly.
Go to formswift.com/snap on your phone to get started.
As Seen In
How to Edit a PDF
Did someone send you a PDF file that you need to edit? Don't worry! You can easily edit PDF documents online with our free online PDF document editor.
Why Convert PDFs?
A PDF is a portable document format. People create PDFs so that they can send them to others who can open them on any hardware or operating system without needing the app that was used to create them. Wherever you open a PDF—in a web browser, in Adobe Acrobat, Adobe Reader, Acrobat DC, PDFescape, Sejda, or in another third party PDF reader—the layout should look the same.
You may need to annotate PDFs to edit text to amend a financial aid PDF form, add an e-signature to a real estate document, or redact information. Whatever the reason, our PDF writer is a simple and easy online tool that can be used to edit PDF files.
How Do You Edit a PDF?
You may be surprised to know that PDF editing doesn't require you to download a PDF editor. You can edit a document in PDF format online for free with our online PDF editor. Our secure PDF editing tool is compatible with web browsers including Safari, Firefox, and Chrome and works with Microsoft Windows, Linux, and Mac OS.
Step-by-Step Guide to Editing PDF Online
- First, select the original PDF that you would like to edit. While our free PDF editor is designed for PDF pages, it also works for Word documents and image files. You can select PDF content by searching for it on your computer or Dropbox or using FormSwift's drag and drop interface.
- Your PDF will open in our Free PDF Editor, which offers a wide variety of editing tools.
- If you need to add text to the PDF, the "Text" function allows you to add new text to PDFs. A text box will open that you can type in. You can also change the font, size, and color of the text.
- The "Eraser" function can erase PDF text and some watermarks from PDFs.
- The "Redact" tool allows you to black out any existing text that you would like redacted.
- The "Highlight" tool allows you to highlight any part of the PDF.
- The "Image" tool allows you to insert an image into your PDF.
- The "Sign" tool allows you to sign PDFs by: typing your name on the keyboard, drawing your signature with a mouse, or uploading an image of the signature.
- Once you are done, you have a few options to export PDFs. You can either download the edited PDF or email it to a chosen recipient.
Best Free PDF Editor
Looking for a Free PDF Editor For Mac or a Free PDF Editor For Windows 10? Our PDF editor functions the same as a PDF Editor Mac and PDF Editor Windows. Get started now!
Additional PDF Tools:
- Once you complete editing your PDF, you might need to convert it to a Microsoft Word Document to send to other parties. To do so, please utilize FormSwift's PDF to Word tool, which turns PDFs into editable Word documents.
- If you need to Convert JPGs to PDF, use FormSwift's free JPG to PDF Converter.
- You can also use your mobile device to convert paper documents to PDF file format by using formswift.com/snap
Edit your PDFs with FormSwift’s free and easy to use PDF editor. Now, you can edit any PDF document using our free PDF editor. There is no downloading or installation process! Simply upload your PDF, edit or digitally sign, and share it. Businesses can now quickly and easily edit and digitally sign and deliver a bill of sale, a lease agreement, or an invoice without paying a monthly subscription fee.