Tennessee Last Will and Testament Form

How It Works

Build a document in minutes with our step-by-step tool.

Create a free account.

Print and download.

Tennessee Last Will and Testament: What Is It?

A Last Will and Testament is a legal document that a person, known as a Testator, will create to state what they wish to do with their personal and real property, and how it will be distributed after their death. These documents are completely customizable to the Testators whishes and can be changed at any time. For example, John may write in his Will that he wants all of his assets and property liquated and distributed evenly to his children. Later, he may change his mind and designate that 90% of his assets be given to his children while the remaining 10% is donated to charity. This decision can be upheld in court, as a Will is legally enforceable as long as it is notarized and signed by two Witnesses.


Tennessee Last Will Laws

Laws - Title 32 (Wills)


Witnesses - According to §32-1-104, the Will must be signed by two (2) witnesses.


How to Write a Tennessee Last Will and Testament

Using your FormSwift Template, be sure to fill out all of the titled Sections.


Title

  • Name
  • City and County
  • Gender

Marital Status

  • List your marital status
  • Will your spouse be a beneficiary?

Pets? Property? Life Insurance?

Provide details on any pets, property, or life insurance. This means addresses, names, policy numbers, etc.


Children

Describe your children and the amount they will inherit


Trusts

State if you’d like to set up a Trust for someone, perhaps someone who requires special care. This can prevent issues with them receiving any other eligibility-based benefits.


Inheritance Instructions

  • Provide the age that children will be when they start receiving benefits
  • Provide the age that children will be when their benefits end
  • Provide the portion or percentage that will be received

Funeral Home Information

Provide the following of the funeral home you’ve made arrangements with:

  • Address
  • Contact information

Last Meal

  • List any specifications or wishes you have in regards to the Last Will

Name Your Executor

  • Name
  • Relation to you

Name Your Alternate Executor

  • Name
  • Relation to you

Name Your Trustee

  • Name
  • Relation to you

Name Your Alternate Trustee

  • Name
  • Relation to you

Name Your Digital Executor

  • Name
  • Relation to you

Appoint a Guardian for Minor Children

  • Name
  • Relation to you

  • Name of Alternate Guardian
  • Relationship with Grantor

  • Name of Conservator (if applicable)
  • Relationship of Conservator (if applicable)

Name Any Additional Beneficiaries

  • Name
  • Relation to you
  • Inheritance amount, percentage, or items being given

Disinherited Individuals

  • Name
  • Relation to you

Witness Information

  • Name
  • Address (including city, state, and zip code)
  • Telephone Number

Get started now

Download a PDF or Word Template

Tennessee Last Will and Testament

Tennessee Power Of Attorney

Tennessee Living Will

Tennessee Personal Financial Statement

Customers trust FormSwift
Customer Reviews

Sample Tennessee Last Will and Testament

Read Full Document